Summary of Duties
Responsible for purchasing, receiving, storage, and disbursement of material, equipment, and supplies.
- Purchase all electric line and fiber communication materials.
- Purchase fuel, parts, and equipment for all cooperative-owned vehicles.
- Purchase all materials and equipment for facilities maintenance.
- Maintain proper material and supply inventory at cooperative warehouses.
- Anticipate future supply needs and arrange deliveries in the best interest of the cooperative and to ensure adequate stock.
- Maintain up-to-date material catalogs, stock lists, price lists and specifications, to ensure that all purchases are of a price and quality which result in the best advantage to the cooperative.
- Keep informed of approved RUS material standards and specifications and other applicable standards.
- Ensure that warehouses and pole yards are kept clean and orderly.
- Oversee groundskeeping and facilities maintenance.
- Make certain that warehouses and pole yards are locked daily.
- Check all invoices from suppliers for proper accounting, matching packing list to invoice.
- Ensure that all materials are received to, and issued from, warehouses in accordance with established policies.
- Secure written purchase requisitions from cooperative staff on any material that is to be purchased for respective departments.
- Interface with all cooperative departments to meet purchasing needs and provide information.
- Receive sales personnel from equipment manufacturers, wholesale distributing firms, and other sources of supply.
- Attend and assist with annual membership meeting. Assist with preparation when needed.
- Attend school/seminars/training programs as necessary.
- Provide support, as necessary, to repair outages occurring outside of regular scheduled work hours.
Supervises the work of the head warehouseman at Sallisaw and the warehouseman at Stigler. Coordinates work schedules and approves timesheets and time off requests.
Reports to the Director of Engineering.
Must have a high school diploma (or equivalent) and two years of college, or five years of electric utility experience in a related field.
- Must have a general knowledge of rural electric cooperative purchasing practices.
- Should have a working knowledge of RUS specifications and guidelines.
- Knowledge of engineering staking sheets, electric line materials, fiber communication materials, and low voltage wiring materials is preferred.
Skill and Ability Requirements
- Must possess good interpersonal skills. This position must build and maintain professional relationships, establish credibility and trust, and cooperate and communicate with employees from all departments in the cooperative as well as outside vendors and contractors.
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail and organizational skills to accurately purchase and maintain inventory control on materials secured for the cooperative.
- Must be capable of operating a motor vehicle and a forklift.
- Must be of a physical stature to carry up to, but not limited to, 75 pounds of weight.
This position operates in an indoor warehouse environment as well as outdoors in a material storage yard located at the Stigler headquarters office, with occasional travel required to the Sallisaw branch office warehouse. This position shall be functional under occupational stress and will be subject to performance pressure due to deadlines.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours
This is a full-time position (8 hours a day Monday through Friday). May be required to work extended hours as necessary.
This is a safety sensitive position. A safety sensitive job is one that includes tasks or duties that the cooperative reasonably believes could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others. Due to the safety sensitive nature of this job, a constant state of mental alertness is required and no substance (including, but not limited to medical marijuana) may be used by the employee in this position which may impair the employee's ability to maintain said constant state of mental alertness.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises with or without notice.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, and/or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Cookson Hills Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
COOKSON HILLS ONLINE APPLICATION
Note: Applicants applying for positions that require them to drive Cooperative vehicles must also fill out the Driver’s Supplemental Application for Employment
This application will be considered only for the vacant position for which you are applying. To be considered for other vacant positions, a new application must be filed. The following information is requested in order to help us make the best possible placement within the Cooperative. All portions of this application pertaining to you must be completed. We appreciate the time you spend in filling in this application form.
The Cooperative, in accordance with state and federal laws, does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. The Cooperative also is required by law, by virtue of its contract(s) with the federal government, to take affirmative action to employ women, minorities, otherwise qualified disabled Individuals, and Vietnam Era and disabled veterans.
COOKSON HILLS ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.